Tuesday 26 November 2013

The day when you were born!!

Dear daughter,

The best thing about the 9 months of pregnancy was guessing whether you'll be a girl or a boy! Yes, we had never assumed whether you'll be a boy or a girl. But just before few days of delivery I strongly assumed that it's a GIRL. Not sure why!!! 

When the moment finally came, the time you were born..a girl..your father was the happiest, as I guess, he knew you'll always be his little girl who'll favor him over mumma!



I , on the other hand, was a little taken aback. I don't know whether that's the word to use. I had been through a tumultuous birthing experience. And the first thought that came to me was this little precious thing will also go through the same ordeal. She will have to go through periods, pms, boys, prejudices, discrimination and what not! And I wont be able to protect you through any of these! Don't get me wrong! 

I,otherwise loved having you, ONLY YOU !! I was looking forward to all things pink and flowery and I knew there wont be a boring moment with you in my life. And I was also worried as you were so thin though I had proper diet during my pregnancy. My mother was scolding me showing you that I had not eaten properly. And I was relieved only after pediatrician said you are in the ideal weight range only. : ) 

Life as a woman is not a bed of roses but I think, in retrospect, it is more fulfilling than a man can ever dream his life to be.After a few hours of daze,I was the proudest mom ever. I looked at you and knew I'll fight through all that life throws at you valiantly until you are ready to do it on your own.

I didn't learn to cook and clean and keep a household while at mom's. I learned all that little before and mostly after marriage and having my own home. I don't regret not knowing all that before hand.She also knew I would eventually have to manage everything plus a career. I loved how things just came to me and I had a carefree life to decide and be what I wanted to be in life.

That is what I promise you. You live and enjoy life carefree till I have it in me to take care of all your needs.. It ll give you wings to fly independently for the rest of your life :)

Finally, I hope I make you realize that yes life is not easy but its the most exhilarating journey- being a woman. And I promise you that You are never made to feel that you are any less or any inferior to a boy.

Love
Mumma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly