Saturday 16 November 2013

Book Actvities Brown bear Brown bear what do u see?

To increase the confidence in identifying the colors, I wanted to get Medha to match colors with the color of each animal in Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see? book. But the question is which one to give for matching. First I looked for crayons she had right now, but I didn't find some colors which are in the book. And then I checked her pom-poms, even in that I didn't find few colors.

Later I decided to print/buy some color papers and thought of asking her to match. But suddenly I remembered that I have an unopened play dough  box I bought for Medha. Luckily it has every color I need for matching with those of book.


She didn't understand what was that box and what are those packets. I said that those are clay packets which cannot be opened for now and she has to match with the colors in the book.

I asked her to pick the color of the animal in each page and place them in an order. She knows all the colors which are in the book already so she did it at ease.






I also asked to tell what that animal is before matching with the right color. Except GoldFish she is good in all other animal recognition.




You can also try something similar to reinforce color recognition in your kids with the items available at home. All colors need not to be of same type. You can try few color pencils, few buttons, few blocks to gather all colors required.

I believe that matching is a skill of visual perception, it doesn't required to know what you are matching. So while matching you encourage kids by telling them what it is. I followed this for Alphabets, Numbers and Colors. It worked great for Medha. :) Do let me know your experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly