Friday 11 April 2014

Road Transportation Theme - Day 2 - Thematic Learning

~Medha is 3 years 1 month old~

We are on Day 2 Road Transportation theme in which we mostly spoke about Car and Bus. And in continuation to the same theme today we did some more activities related to BUS.




Here is what we did?


Yellow School Bus with Popsicle Sticks


Whenever we talk about buses, Medha mostly talks about the yellow school buses she sees everyday on the way to her school. So I thought we will do some activity related to it.  Friends, I didn't take step wise pictures, but I will make sure I explain in detail. 


Materials

  • 3 Popsicle Sticks 
  • 5 Small Popsicle Sticks ( I don't have, hence I cut the bigger ones to 3/4th to make them little smaller)
  • Yellow color paint
  • Black color foam sheet
  • Glue
  • Scissors

How to do?

  • Paint all the 8 craft sticks with yellow paint.
  • Trim an inch off 4 of the small craft sticks. (Means, I trimmed already trimmed ones)  You can do this with a scissors. Lay them out vertically at equal intervals and glue the last small craft stick, which is not trimmed in this step, along the top. I used Fevicol. 
  • Arrange the three larger craft sticks across the bottom. I overlapped the middle one a little because I liked it better that way. Glue them in place.
  • Cut two circles from black craft foam and I asked medha to stick her gold color large metal bindis which we got in some jewel craft kit. Attach them to the bottom of your school bus using glue.

Please ask questions in case if any of the steps are not clear. :) 


Steering Wheel Craft


What a simple activity to make steering. 
  • It is just a paper plate with the center cut out and then painted black. 
  • Cut strips of construction paper to make cross shape in the middle. 
  • Cut out red shape for the horn and glue to center. 
Really cute and simple craft for our transportation unit. Medha enjoyed it a lot. We glued to the wall and then took the picture, hence background is white. :)



Though I planned some other activities like going down ramp and car tire tracking craft and roadway activity (which I prepared as shown in below pic) we didnt get time to do those. Will continue tomorrow.:)


Please leave us a comment if you like any crafts and activities. Happy Parenting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly