Tuesday 19 November 2013

Color Collage Making Activity

Again for the color recognition confidence activity, I got Medha to do Color Collage Making Activity. For this I thought of starting with 3 basic colors Blue, Green, Yellow.

Materials:

  • Chart papers of colors I wanted to teach/practice. I didn't find exact green color chart hence I went ahead with the shade of green and explained Medha that it's LIGHT GREEN color.
  • Various pictures in the colors I picked above. This I googled for few pictures with color mentioned. ex: 'green color pictures for kids', 'yellow color pictures for kids' etc.




And  I gave the pictures, charts and glue  to Medha and asked her to glue the slips and stick to the matching color.  And I also placed the chart papers next to other so that she doesn't have to stick all the pictures of same color at a time. This improves her confidence in identifying the color of the each picture she picked up and decides where to stick it. :) 


And I also printed words of each color and I made her stick these to the chart papers. This I did for enhancing word recognition in Medha. I printed this in capital letters only as she knows all most all of the capital letters. 


Medha started applying glue to the each paper and stick to the chart as per the color of the picture. If your kid is younger or not yet comfortable with applying glue, you can apply the glue and then give to her to stick it by asking "Where should we stick this?".






 Yes, she picked blue color ones more  as the pictures like butterfly, hat, shirt etc. impressed her more. 



And I am planning to do the same activity for other colors too which I wanted to teach her. You can try this to teach colors to your kids. Stick to either 2 or 3 colors per week. If your kid is responding slowly, stick to only one color per week.  

You can try the same for shapes too!! Happy teaching :) and happy parenting :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly