Tuesday 12 November 2013

Tissue Art

From the day I saw the Tissue Art for Kids in Pinterest, I was searching for tissue papers to make this at home for Medha. But luckily I found Tissue Art Kit itself for Kids online. Big Time Saver for a working mom like me :)  

If you have time you can do this at home too with different color tissue papers by dipping available normal tissues in color and dry them. Instead of sticky papers, try school labels just to begin with. If you want to try more, you can cut a chart paper into various shapes and apply fevicol or fevistick all over the paper and ask them to stick the color paper pieces you prepared. Easy right?? 

I thought of trying this at home, but I couldn't find time to do. And before I invest time, I found the one in online. Thought of trying it if Medha likes it. Unfortunately she didn't like it much. But I don't give up and will surely try same activity after few days again :) 



This a great activity to allow tots to feel independent. Because the picture is sticky, this project requires no extra glue or tape, and makes very little mess. The base for each picture is sturdy and durable and the tissues are vibrantly coloured. This kit comes with 5 self-stick patterns and 150+ tissue paper squares in a rainbow of colors. What fun is it to crinkle up all those tissue squares? And sticking them on is easy too. Great for dexterity development and concentration.




Medha was kept on asking questions as why should I crush those beautiful colorful papers? Isn't it bad habit etc. She doesn't follow when I asked not to do some naughty and wrong things. But she keeps asking me like this when I ask to do. :P Very Naughty :P :P But I was finally convinced her to do this activity by explaining that it is to see how much strength she has to crush the tissue paper once she wipes her face or mouth after food. :P

That's Medha's hand in the above picture. She was busy in identifying shapes given in the box. :) 

I showed her how to remove the paper to stick the tissue papers and she started peeling off the paper and continued sticking the tissue papers.


But she didn't like the idea of sticking the papers in the same color order as it is on the box. Hence I left the choice of colors to her. She started sticking the papers to it by peeling one by one. She selected fish shape as the first one.


But soon she lost interest in doing so. She finished only FISH , CAR and after that she was not interested to pick the other self-sticky pattern to repeat the same. So I didn't force her to do. But I am sure she enjoyed doing it.


But for me, it's great to teach colors using Tissue Papers in a fun way.  You can try this for even younger kids like 1.5+ years age. But the outcome may not be as good as done by 2+ kids. But for that age it's fair enough. 

It is real fun for kids who likes sticking activities, please try once if you can as I believe WE SHOULD INTRODUCE KIDS TO EVERY ACTIVITY AND EVERYTHING POSSIBLE

My Rating

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly