Tuesday 17 September 2013

Connect 4 Game

The Original Game of Connect 4 is a fun game which comes with coins in two colors and a board with slots. The players have to choose their color and drop coins into the slots one by one turn-wise. The player who completes a row of four first, wins the game.  This is the color of the board and coins I received in my order.



This simple game will make the brain ticking for strategies to complete first. Carefully plan the next move as player 1 can block the opponent, while they can block the other’s move too. Now, you know this simple game is not all that simple. This strategy game will improve your kids’ thinking skills like interpretative analysis, problem solving and formulating and executing plans. Such strategic games also develop efficiency in planning how to encounter problems and challenges in their real life. This Connect 4 Board Game is ideal for both boys and girls of 6 years and above.

Though its not for the age group of Medha (who is 2.5yrs now), I bought this because I was impressed with the objective of this game, and I thought I can use this for Fine Motor Skills improvement of Medha. And last but not least its in my budget. ( Got this for INR 120/-)

And I showed this to Medha and asked to use this in 2 ways

1. Drop all the discs she has in this packet ( Just for hand and eye coordination to drop)
2. Asked to drop by following some pattern. As of now she is dropping as each line with alternate colors disc.


In my opinion, this is great toy for hand-eye coordination too. She said she is making alphabet 'L' with these discs. 


I haven't introduced her to actual Connect 4 game objective. As she liked dropping discs into this a lot and is a real fun for her. And I too liked this very much because it is portable and I can carry this for her while travelling too. Last week when we traveled in car, she played this game so many times.

She sometimes surprises me by doing some patterns on her own which are possible with this like Letter "L", Horizontal Line, Vertical Line, Square outline with all same color discs and inside all one another color etc.


She is thinking what to do next in the above picture after making an alphabet "L" and ended up in no ideas and continued dropping discs. :P


The main objective too very interesting to play. Hope I can introduce the main objective of this game too soon to her . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly