Tuesday 20 August 2013

Popsicle Sticks (Ice Cream Sticks) Craft

Today, Medha is very moody and doesn't want to play with Jigsaw puzzles like she does every day. And then I offered painting activity. She turned to be OK but not so excited to do this activity.

Then I remember the post I read from MessForLess and decided to introduce Medha too for an activity using Popsicle Sticks or Ice cream Sticks, but the simpler one.

Supplies we need for this activity:
  • Popsicle Sticks
  • Any Color
  • Paint Brush



The first thing I wanted Medha to understand that she is going to paint the stick both the sides instead of painting on paper. When she heard that she has to paint the stick, she is so excited and asked me to give the supplies. And removed her shirt :P (Last time she spoiled her shirt with the paint stains, so this time she is so cautious and removed shirt herself and refused to wear even an old one too.)

And I picked an old notebook to place the sticks so that I don't have to clean floor/mat after she paints those sticks.

I gave only 3 sticks to see how it goes with her as I am not sure whether she likes this activity or not. She started painting each stick so carefully such that there is no uncolored portion left on the stick.


In no time, she quickly colored all the three sticks I have given and asked for more. But as I have to go for work, I convinced her that I will give more sticks and different colors tomorrow.


Now I showed her how can we create some patterns like Alphabets, Math Symbols etc. She was so excited to see the various patterns with her own colored Popsicle Sticks.


And immediately she started trying out the patterns herself and came up with following. :)



You also try this simple and easy craft activity to pass the time with your kids. Post in your comments if you like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly