Friday 23 August 2013

Insightful conversations


With my delightful daughter Medha conversations which amaze me, make me laugh, make me think and errr...make me want to bang my head against a brick wall sometimes.

Conversation 1

Medha and I have stopped at a traffic light while travelling in an auto. Medha is chattering a mile a minute. A beggar woman comes to my side of the auto, her palm containing a few coins, stretched beseechingly. I shake my head saying 'no'. Medha watches wide-eyed as she waits and walks away.
Medha: Amma, amma, why did'nt you take the money she was giving you??
Me: ????????
How many of us have ever thought of something like that? Out of the box, isnt it? ;)


 Conversation 2

One evening, I gave some jigsaw puzzles to medha for her time pass. After solving 2 of those she called me and said "Amma come you solve this and I solve that "by showing 2 different ones!
I was not in a mood and was in the middle of washing her bottles so I said "I don't know how to solve, you please do as u know!"
Medha: "your mom didn't teach n show you how to solve puzzles ?"
Me : ?????

Conversation 3

One day when I went to pick medha from school, her teacher asked me to remove nails if she has! I said I removed 2 days back only. Then she showed a boy and said medha pinched him with nails under eye! He has nail marks clearly visible under left eye! I noticed that medha's nails has grown little!
After coming out of school on the way back home while walking I asked her "why did u do like that?"
Medha: "he was looking at me, that's why I pinched"
(vadu nannu choosadu! Anduke gichha)
Me : ???

Conversation 4:

I was preparing spaghetti and she asked what's that?
Me: SPA-GE-TAY...'spaghetti'
Medha: Basgettay?
Me: No no no, "SPA-GE-TAY"
Medha : Pasgettay?
Me: "Ssssp"... say "sssp"!
Medha: PAAA
I can tell this is going to take a wee while...

Conversation 5:

We were going out in the car, and Medha is pulling gears and turning AC controller knobs continously, Rajesh got angry and asked her "Shall I drop you here?" (Dimpeseyyana ikkada??)
Medha: See, here is the door.
Me and Rajesh: SPEECHLESS, What will we say??? or anyone can say??

Conversation 6:

One day while we were having lunch (or while we were not paying attention to Medha), she took off her pants and went into bathroom and dropped the pant in the commode and flushed it off! In an anger, I asked her why did u do like that? You lost your pant right?
Medha: "It is dirty and I don't want you to take a pain of washing it"!!

Conversation 7: (In October 2013, Medha is 2yrs 7months old)

We went to a Telugu movie in which a top most hero of Telugu Industry "Pawan Kalyan" is the hero. And we went to this on second day of it's release. Medha repeated whatever hero does in the movie. She laughed if he laughed, she was watching seriously if he is crying in emotional scenes, she was clapping when he is in comedy scenes. After returning home, next day I asked her "Are you fan of Pawan Kalyan??", she replied "NO, I AM FRIDGE."

Conversation 8: (In October 2013, Medha is 2yrs 7months old)

We were planning to go out in the evening and getting ready for it. I was packing some dry fruits, biscuits, water bottle etc. in the bag. Medha was playing with her Jigsaw Puzzles then and without returning to my side she shouted : " Amma, Put the milk bottle in the bag, otherwise I wil cry for it as "Amma MILK Amma MILK Huuu Huuu". I asked why to cry, you have once you are back to home. Then she replied again "I already told you that I will cry, why are you not listening???" 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly